Benefits of Building Information Modeling (BIM) for Construction Manager
Construction Manager is one of the important figures in whole construction project. Most of the time their position is interchanged with general contractors as both of them supervises the whole construction process. That’s why many times the role of these two positions is confused. It’s true that somewhere the function of general contractor and Construction manager are almost same but the main difference is that Construction Manager are involved in project from starting to ending. They comprised the role of helping the client at initial stage and selection of architect and general contractor. Along with this they also perform project management planning, safety management, cost management, quality management and contract administration.
When Building Information Modeling has affected every aspect and discipline of Architectural, Engineering and Construction (AEC) Industry then how come the construction manager can stay behind. The Architecture Building Model has created a big difference in the performance of Construction Manager. There are many features available in Building Information Modeling that is useful for construction manager and also provide many benefits that could be competent in long term.
- Visualization : The main highlight of Building Information Modeling is the clear and realistic visualization. Being the great visualization tool BIM itself is, it is very productive in bidding phase for construction managers as the clear 3d visualization can create a better communication with renderings, walkthroughs and sequencing of model. BIM visualization gives the better idea of final product and helps in avoiding the mistakes and provides the apt detailing of structure.
- BIM Coordination : BIM Coordination plan has saved lots of time and money. The BIM coordination drawings coordinate the design from every expertise to detect the hard clash and soft clash and they are resolved at pre-construction phase. Every member of construction project has to collaborate including owner, architect and engineer. This collaboration is conducted by construction manager and general contractor before the commencement of design. At times architects provide 2D drawings when construction manager changes the 2D drawings into 3D intelligent model.
- Monitoring and Planning of Construction : Construction planning and Monitoring involves the scheduling and sequencing of the model as required to coordinate the virtual within given time and space. At this phase, BIM 4D Modeling Services are utilized where construction managers strategize the timing of coordination, fabrication, approval of shop drawings, transportation and installation. The BIM 4D Modelling services boost the control process of construction manager.
- Pre fabrication : Prefabrication requires to gather the constituents of given structure from manufacturing site and transfer the same into the construction site. Prefabrication decreases the field labor cost and strengthen the accuracy of construction work. Building Information Modeling helps construction manager to strengthen the information between the products and engagements.
- Cost Estimation : If the construction and design team works collaboratively then BIM is the great tool to develop the productivity of the estimators through the withdrawal of quantity. Cost Estimation involves quantity take-offs and pricing is done by 5D BIM.
- BIM Record Model : After the advent of Building Information Modeling, Construction Manager can provide a record Building Information Model to the owner after the project’s completion. This record model comprised of integration of as-built extracted from sub-contractors. Each object model also includes links to submittals, operations and maintenance, and warranty information. Furthermore it possesses every minute detail of the project. This record model leaves a good impression on owners by construction managers.
Hence, Building Information Modeling provides some really fruitful benefits to construction manager which can really simplified their work and create long lasting impact on owners for construction managers.
Silicon Valley is a leading firm based in India specialized in CAD based services with exploring its horizon in International sphere along with national market. Our team of expert professionals is well-trained and skilled to offer an excellent and apt project within the given time limit. We offer HVAC services, Walkthrough and Animation, Cladding, plumbing/piping services, Building Information Modeling, Architectural Services, civil engineering services, structural engineering services, electrical engineering services and mechanical engineering services.
You may also like
- BIM Guidelines for Contractors
- What is BIM?
- Use of BIM in Planning Process
- BIM from design to construction
- Major benfits of BIM
- BIM Construction Industry
- Adopting BIM in Construction
- Advantages & Disadvantages
- Leading Top Countries Adopting BIM Outsourcing Services
- Implementation of BIM Services
- BIM Dimensions
- Sheet Metal Design
- What is Shop Drawing?
- Design and Project Management
- Construction firms in delivery
- What is Steel Detailing?
- Rebar Detailing Implementation
- Construction & Rebar Detailing
- Why Rebar Detailing
- Corrosion Steel Detailing
- Importance Steel Detailing Eng
- Structural Steel Detailing
- Lachlan's Line Pedestrian Bridge
- General Factors to consider during Rebar Detailing implementation process
- MEP Shop Drawings
- Major Benefits of Outsourcing MEP Designs for Construction Projects
- What is the right method to get precast concrete shop drawings with an outsourcing company?
- Why outsourcing MEP BIM Modeling Services is a good idea with Revit software?
- Outsourcing Precast Panel Detailing Services - Biggest Advantage in the Construction Industry
- What are the Core Roles and Responsibilities of a Construction Supervisor in a Rebar Concrete Construction project ?
- How Does Building Information Modeling(BIM) Help In Reducing Construction Costs ?
- How does MEP BIM Coordination help AEC Contractors in Construction Process?
- What is the difference between Shop Drawings and Issued For Construction (IFC) Drawings?
- What are some Manual Techniques and Computer Processes to create Shop Drawings?
- Everything to know about LOD in BIM
- Concrete Structure Designing Industrial Projects
- The Ultimate Guide to Hire Precast Detailing and Shop Drawing Service Provider.
- How to reduce construction costs by adopting Innovative Structural Design and Drafting Solutions?