What is the difference between Shop Drawings and Issued For Construction (IFC) Drawings?
Drawings in any construction project play a very significant role. Drawing is jotting down your ideas with the help of conceptual lines. bringing forth the exact detailing of the construction project. Without the proper detailing of the structure of the building, it will be quite difficult for the contractors or the fabricators' to discover the actual figures, diameters, measurements, for the proper standing of the substructure. In making the construction process a success, several industries have to come together and complete the entire project.
Majorly, every industry that follows and needs a well-planned drawing setup ready, for the smooth functioning of the project. At our company, several professionals are working on the project, who has tremendous knowledge of different fields and software that are used, there within. Stating it roughly, there are around 12 construction Drawings that help initiate the process of drawing and thereby the construction process. There is always a deeper understanding between each sector of the company, in terms of handling the entire project efficiently. The drawings are specifically used to build residential, non-residential, commercial, and public properties.
A Drawing must contain constructive symbols, measurements, dimensions, uniformity in the linear lines, and other aspects that are conceptually important for the establishment. The owners of the project get a deeper and a more clear insight of their projects through drawing abstraction.
Bringing forth, and talking about the 2 major Drawings, i.e Shop Drawings, and IFC Drawings, that are highly useful and in the plan of construction.
Abiding by the column herein, let’s understand the difference between Shop drawings and IFC Drawings :
|BASIS||SHOP DRAWING (Fabrication Drawing)||IFC( Issued for Construction) DRAWING|
|Meaning :||Shop Drawings play a significant role in making the designs of some of the specific underneath parts of the building. It is a more detailed and understandable version of the construction unit.||It is the final contract of a drawing that is precisely the illustrated form of on-site operations.|
|Production Manager :||The drawing is generated by contractors, fabricators, and manufacturersss||The Drawing is graphed by the consultants and shared with the contractors|
|Nature :||Shop Drawings give guidance to the contractors, as to how to go on with the plan, what process to follow, and how to execute the plan||IFC explains what the plan should be followed and what all should be kept in mind while meeting the construction utilities of the client.|
|More in Demand :||Shop Drawings Services is more in demand as it eliminates the chances of faults at the time of execution. The mistakes are foreseen before, and it is easy to solve the queries.||They are less in demand than the shop drawing service as there are more possibilities of errors that occur.|
|Used in :||Shop Drawings is used in Lifts, ventilation purposes, windows, cupboard, and many others||It is used in making general drawings, which helps in the preparation of more detailed shop drawing|
A Note On Shop Drawing
Shop drawings are one of the finest services that are being rendered by the engineers and the detailers of Silicon Valley. The contractors present effective designs to our clients and help them in fulfilling their dream projects. Shop Drawings display accurate information in the form of a drawn version, of the data points provided in the construction documentation. That helps the contractors in getting a clear view of the project that they need to work on. It is the chief information-based service i.e. highly important and the core source for the design. The profitability of the construction process depends on the shop drawing. An informative substructure is prepared for the easy functioning of the construction process. Silicon Valley has several services to render in Shop Drawing.
Some of the major services are
Architectural Shop Drawing
CAD Shop Drawing
MEP Shop Drawing
BIM Shop Drawing
A Note On IFC Drawing
IFC Drawing, abbreviately known as Issued for Construction, is shared with the contractors by its clients for the further purpose of making a detailed shop drawing. IFC Drawing leads the entire process of construction on site. This helps to give the detailing to the Shop Drawing. It is also known as Issued for reference (IFR) and Issued for Information (IFI). It helps you in speeding up your project status.
You may also like
- BIM Guidelines for Contractors
- What is BIM?
- Use of BIM in Planning Process
- BIM from design to construction
- Major benfits of BIM
- BIM Construction Industry
- Benefits Construction Manager
- Adopting BIM in Construction
- Advantages & Disadvantages
- Leading Top Countries Adopting BIM Outsourcing Services
- Implementation of BIM Services
- BIM Dimensions
- Sheet Metal Design
- What is Shop Drawing?
- Design and Project Management
- Construction firms in delivery
- What is Steel Detailing?
- Rebar Detailing Implementation
- Construction & Rebar Detailing
- Why Rebar Detailing
- Corrosion Steel Detailing
- Importance Steel Detailing Eng
- Structural Steel Detailing
- General Factors to consider during Rebar Detailing implementation process
- MEP Shop Drawings
- Major Benefits of Outsourcing MEP Designs for Construction Projects
- What is the right method to get precast concrete shop drawings with an outsourcing company?
- Why outsourcing MEP BIM Modeling Services is a good idea with Revit software?
- Outsourcing Precast Panel Detailing Services - Biggest Advantage in the Construction Industry
- What are the Core Roles and Responsibilities of a Construction Supervisor in a Rebar Concrete Construction project ?
- Lachlan's Line Pedestrian Bridge
- How Does Building Information Modeling(BIM) Help In Reducing Construction Costs ?
- How does MEP BIM Coordination help AEC Contractors in Construction Process?
- What is the difference between Shop Drawings and Issued For Construction (IFC) Drawings?
- What are some Manual Techniques and Computer Processes to create Shop Drawings?
- Everything to know about LOD in BIM
- Concrete Structure Designing Industrial Projects
- The Ultimate Guide to Hire Precast Detailing and Shop Drawing Service Provider.
- How to reduce construction costs by adopting Innovative Structural Design and Drafting Solutions?