What are the Core Roles and Responsibilities of a Construction Supervisor in a Rebar Concrete Construction project ?
Construction Industry is booming like anything globally, especially for the last 20 years. Various Construction Companies have contributed a lot to developing the infrastructure that we see around us today. From traditional methods to the latest technology, Construction Companies have come a long way. All thanks to various types of Engineers, Draftsmen, Modelers, Contractors, Sub-Contractors, and Workers who have put lots of effort to make the modern infrastructure possible the way it was planned.
Civil Engineering is one of the professions which is very demanding because it plays a major role in the construction process of any building or structure. It consists of different levels and departments which are required at every stage of the construction process. The Structure of any building is the most important aspect and it should be planned well in advance, very precisely. Of all the components and elements that are there in a building, Rebar Detailing Services is the crucial one. It gives shape to the structure as it holds the concrete in a particular shape and size. This is the responsibility of the Supervisor of any construction project to make sure everything is executed as planned. Today in this blog, we will discuss the roles and responsibilities of a Construction Supervisor in a Rebar Concrete Construction Project.
For a Construction Supervisor, many important points are considered for the construction process, right from start to end. It is hard to cover all those roles and responsibilities in this Blog, however, we will look at some of the major roles and responsibilities of the Construction Supervisor in the Rebar Concrete Construction Project.
They are listed and explained as follows
Understanding Shop DrawingsAs we know that any Construction Process will not begin without all the Shop Drawings which are ready and approved. At first, Contractors, Architects, and Engineers make their Shop Drawings for all those components in which Concrete will be used. It will be handed over to a Rebar Fabricator who will create custom-made Shop Drawings according to the required Reinforcement Bar. Rebar Fabricator will make these Shop Drawings according to the size, shape, and dimensions of the materials that will be used at a later stage. Now, the role of the Construction Supervisor is to ensure that both the drawings match with each other and the shape of all materials will remain the same at all levels of the construction process. This is part of the intelligent construction process as it detects and avoids errors at the initial stage.
Allocation of Rebar according to size and shapeThe size and shape of Rebar, be it small or large, seems the same at first look. But it is very crucial to identify the right size of the bars that would be used at the construction site. It is the Building Designer's responsibility to select the right size of Rebar for Concrete. It holds much significance because the overall performance depends on selecting the correct size of the Rebar. Even minor or negligible errors should not be ignored to make the project successful. Even the spacing between two rebar elements matters a lot to keep the concrete strong and lasting.
Well defined Structural and Temperature SteelSlab Designs are made in a way that they have room for extra rebar so it can react when there are temperature changes. It can contract or expand according to the temperature inside, depending upon the external temperature. Drawings for Structural and Temperature Steel are different from each other. Temperature Steel Drawings are often set at 12 to 18-inch centers.
Rebar tying and splicingAt the time of forming the rebar pattern, the construction supervisor should anticipate how concrete may take the place of the rebar so that the workers can use the better method of tying the bars together efficiently. You should be aware of the overlaps, whether they are short in length or not. The size of the overlap depends on the design. Usually, it is at least two feet.
Imbeds and InsertsMany of the projects may include pre-stressed concrete, the construction supervisor must observe closely where the concrete in the tensioning kit will go. A very precise plan is needed for Pre-Stressing Concrete as there is no or very little room for field adjustments of placements of imbedded hardware like channel and anchors. The construction supervisor must consult the Engineers before moving forward if there is any type of conflict between these imbedded hardware.
Efficient handling of RebarRebar comes in two forms or types, coated and uncoated. Most of them are coated with epoxy which inhibits rust. Uncoated Rebar can lose its quality inside the concrete which increases internal pressure that comes from rust. It can crack the concrete and make the whole structure weaker. So, as a construction supervisor, you should train your workers how to lift, place, move and set the coated rebar. Also, they should know how to repair it carefully, so that the epoxy coated rebar doesn't lose its coating. So proper handling of Rebar is a technique of which workers should be aware
By reading all the roles and responsibilities mentioned above, you might have a clear idea of what it takes to be an efficient and reliable construction supervisor. What we see from the outside is way more complex than simple as it seems to be. The larger the project, the more complexities are there which responsible construction supervisors face daily. Next time you need any type of Rebar Detailing Services for your next Rebar Construction Project, Silicon Valley is the right choice for outsourcing CAD Services. We have 14+ years of experience in the AEC Industry and we have the best Engineers in the world working with us to serve exactly according to your requirements.
You may also like
- BIM Guidelines for Contractors
- What is BIM?
- Use of BIM in Planning Process
- BIM from design to construction
- Major benfits of BIM
- BIM Construction Industry
- Benefits Construction Manager
- Adopting BIM in Construction
- Advantages & Disadvantages
- Leading Top Countries Adopting BIM Outsourcing Services
- Implementation of BIM Services
- BIM Dimensions
- Sheet Metal Design
- What is Shop Drawing?
- Design and Project Management
- Construction firms in delivery
- What is Steel Detailing?
- Rebar Detailing Implementation
- Construction & Rebar Detailing
- Why Rebar Detailing
- Corrosion Steel Detailing
- Importance Steel Detailing Eng
- Structural Steel Detailing
- Lachlan's Line Pedestrian Bridge
- General Factors to consider during Rebar Detailing implementation process
- MEP Shop Drawings
- Major Benefits of Outsourcing MEP Designs for Construction Projects
- What is the right method to get precast concrete shop drawings with an outsourcing company?
- Why outsourcing MEP BIM Modeling Services is a good idea with Revit software?
- Outsourcing Precast Panel Detailing Services - Biggest Advantage in the Construction Industry
- How Does Building Information Modeling(BIM) Help In Reducing Construction Costs ?
- How does MEP BIM Coordination help AEC Contractors in Construction Process?
- What is the difference between Shop Drawings and Issued For Construction (IFC) Drawings?
- What are some Manual Techniques and Computer Processes to create Shop Drawings?
- Everything to know about LOD in BIM
- Concrete Structure Designing Industrial Projects
- The Ultimate Guide to Hire Precast Detailing and Shop Drawing Service Provider.
- How to reduce construction costs by adopting Innovative Structural Design and Drafting Solutions?