How Building Information Modeling (BIM) helps in construction Industry?
BIM aka Building Information Modeling is the new buzzword in Architecture, Engineering and Construction Industry. Architecture and Engineering are the sister requirement of construction industry as both goes hand in hand. But construction industry independently is way bigger, fragmented and analytical from other two i.e. architecture and Engineering which cannot compete with construction’s line of work when it comes to expansiveness of work. In recent few years construction industry has bitten by BIM and accepted it wholeheartedly and why wouldn’t because Building Information Modeling Services has contributed a lot in this industry moving towards a more productive and progressive craft. Building Information Modeling has provided innumerable benefits shared by owners, architects, engineers, general contractors, sub-contractors and project managers. The Building Information Modeling is neither a technology nor a limited to service of specific area of construction project; it is altogether a process in itself taking care of every aspect in the venture of construction.
As already mentioned BIM is a process, it is a combination of many things.
- Information about the infrastructure to be made.
- Properties of the building/product.
- Physical characteristics of structure
- Visualization data of the structure that visualizes the final product
- Provides functional data like clash detection in the preconstruction phase and coordinate the design and creation accordingly.
BIM compiles the information about different units of structure in one common place. The integration attribute of BIM enable the users to access their desirable purpose for e.g. to consolidate the various facet productively. Due to collaboration of different aspect the possibility of error or disparity is less and curtailed ineffectual costs. The BIM data explains the lifecycle of building/infrastructure spans from foundation and designing to completion, demolition and material reuse. Expansion, order, system and final product can be presented on comparative scale to each other and entire project. Through clash detection the conflict of components or design can be avoided at pre-construction phase leading to save money and time.
Gone are the days when team of architects, engineers, owners and project manager used to sit together swaying through numerous drawings and splurging hours and hours in coordination with each other. Nowadays in 21st century entire construction project can be plotted, supervised and implanted in one go at one location through Building Information Modeling services. Days before the BIM the work flow used to be linear where every expertise did their task and simply pass on to next level. As a result the final product turned out to be with many conflicts and mistakes. The real culprit here was that the project took place in isolation and without any communication and integration with each other. For a successful and fruitful turnover of construction project, initial communication between every participant is very important. By adopting BIM integrated design approach the communication started from initial phase leads to save time and money by avoiding mistakes and discrepancies as it provides a clear and united service.
A BIM model has the ability to submerge with data that generated as the design proceeds. The BIM model keeps the every participant updated through the ongoing construction project. With such a progressive service, benefits and nature of Building Information Modeling, there is no doubt the future of construction industry is absolutely digital and gradually proving to promise a brighter future in long term as it is implementing throughout the industry.
Silicon Valley is a ruling firm providing the services associated with CAD at International along with national market. Our team of expert professionals is hard working and dedicated that drives the Silicon Valley towards the path of success and glory. We offer the services regarding Architectural Engineering, Building Information Modeling, HVAC services, Walkthrough and Animation, Cladding, plumbing/piping services, civil engineering services, structural engineering services, electrical engineering services and mechanical engineering services.
You may also like
- BIM Guidelines for Contractors
- What is BIM?
- Use of BIM in Planning Process
- BIM from design to construction
- Major benfits of BIM
- Benefits Construction Manager
- Adopting BIM in Construction
- Advantages & Disadvantages
- Leading Top Countries Adopting BIM Outsourcing Services
- Implementation of BIM Services
- BIM Dimensions
- Sheet Metal Design
- What is Shop Drawing?
- Design and Project Management
- Construction firms in delivery
- What is Steel Detailing?
- Rebar Detailing Implementation
- Construction & Rebar Detailing
- Why Rebar Detailing
- Corrosion Steel Detailing
- Importance Steel Detailing Eng
- Structural Steel Detailing
- Lachlan's Line Pedestrian Bridge
- General Factors to consider during Rebar Detailing implementation process
- MEP Shop Drawings
- Major Benefits of Outsourcing MEP Designs for Construction Projects
- What is the right method to get precast concrete shop drawings with an outsourcing company?
- Why outsourcing MEP BIM Modeling Services is a good idea with Revit software?
- Outsourcing Precast Panel Detailing Services - Biggest Advantage in the Construction Industry
- What are the Core Roles and Responsibilities of a Construction Supervisor in a Rebar Concrete Construction project ?
- How Does Building Information Modeling(BIM) Help In Reducing Construction Costs ?
- How does MEP BIM Coordination help AEC Contractors in Construction Process?
- What is the difference between Shop Drawings and Issued For Construction (IFC) Drawings?
- What are some Manual Techniques and Computer Processes to create Shop Drawings?
- Everything to know about LOD in BIM
- Concrete Structure Designing Industrial Projects
- The Ultimate Guide to Hire Precast Detailing and Shop Drawing Service Provider.
- How to reduce construction costs by adopting Innovative Structural Design and Drafting Solutions?